Mindplay Virtual Reading Coach (MVRC): MindPlay Virtual Reading Coach® (MVRC) is an effective K-12 online reading program that improves reading skills quickly and efficiently. It enables students with diverse skills and instructional needs to read accurately and fluently.
MindPlay programs were developed by experts in language, literacy, and assessment. Students experience a virtual one-on-one session with embedded, certified speech pathologists and reading specialists each time they log in. Virtual Reading Coach assesses each student’s reading abilities with MindPlay’s Universal Screener and automatically develops a unique, differentiated syllabus of instruction in Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Grammar for Meaning, Vocabulary, Sustained-Silent Reading Fluency Development with Visual Training and Comprehension. By identifying unique skill gaps, what ever the student needs, the student gets. Plus each student’s lesson plan is adaptive, so the program automatically scaffolds the instruction and adjusts based on benchmark and scheduled progress monitoring assessments within the program.
- Research-based reading instruction that is based directly on Orton-Gillingham methodology.
- MVRC provides direct, explicit, and systematic instruction utilizing a multi-sensory design.
- Uses virtual coaches who are certified speech pathologists and reading specialists to teach and guide students through each assigned lesson, providing targeted instructional feedback to address every unique error.
- Identifies individual skill gaps and provides multifaceted instruction unique to that student, providing up to 21 different levels of instruction for each skill the student struggles with.
- Synthetic Intelligence (SI) in MindPlay (Mindplay Conductor) that automatically assigns and adjusts as the student journeys towards grade-level mastery.
- Utilizes adaptive benchmark and progress monitoring assessments that automatically adjusts each student’s lesson plan.
- Provides off-line materials for individual or small group intervention.
- Data driven reporting that can be used to assist in creating IEPS.
- Continual, measurable, and sustainable AYP progress.
How Students Benefit
MindPlay’s Virtual Reading Coach has been proven to benefit students with a wide range of proficiency levels. It can serve as a core reading program for Tier 1 students and an intervention for students in Tier 2 and Tier 3. It is appropriate for students of all ages, and in disparate categories, including: special education, dyslexia intervention, ELL, GED preparation and adult literacy programs.
Research studies have shown that in as little as 20 to 60 hours of instruction, students will gain 1-3 years in basic reading skills and fluency. By using MindPlay a minimum of 2 hours a week, 95% of all your students will make significant progress, in the shortest amount of time, backed by Mindplay’s money-back guarantee policy.
Ascend Math: Every student has different skill gaps. Whether for intervention or enhancement it is ideal to have students focused on what they don’t know. Ascend Math is one of the few math intervention programs to provide a truly individualized study plan for each student. Ascend meets students at their actual level of mastery—identifying skill gaps and tailoring instruction to focus on the most-needed content.
Ascend Math offers the most award winning online instruction and multi-modal learning of any math intervention program. Students learn best when they are engaged. That’s why every instructional video and online exploration in Ascend is interactive. Ascend includes more than 550 distinct video lessons with thousands of points of interactivity that support step-wise learning and encourage students to write about math consistent with today’s rigorous state standards.
Symphony Math: A web-enabled program with a visual and highly intuitive interface, Symphony Math helps students understand at a conceptual level. Instead of being overwhelmed by numbers, students move at their own speed and learn how math works. Going far beyond rote math drills and practice tests, this special teaching solution illuminates the core of learning and produces confident, more capable students. Click here to learn more.
All programs are available for 30-60 day previews with complimentary “Getting Started” webinar training. Please contract us for more details.